Lum, Tucker and Spooner on Mormonism. Shawn P. Wilbur, Two-Gun Mutualism & the Golden Rule (2011-03-11).
The first mutual aid project with Kate Sharpley Library dragged out considerably longer than I had intended, but they've had their copy of Dyer D. Lum's Utah and its People for several weeks now, and I've finally put together a volume collecting that volume, Lum's follow-up, Social Problems of Today,...(Linked Saturday 2011-03-12.)
Ambition Should Be Made of Stirner Stuff. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2011-03-11).
A new individualist magazine, titled i, has a first issue devoted to egoist anarchist Max Stirner – including an article on Stirner by science-fiction writer Ken MacLeod (whose work I’ve discussed here and here). Ken comments on his blog here and here.(Linked Saturday 2011-03-12.)
Haunted. Dorothy, Cat and Girl (2011-03-10). (Linked Sunday 2011-03-13.)
okay how does one level up to "100% super homosexual" because i am trying EVERYTHING over here. Dinosaur Comics (2011-03-09).
archive - contact - sexy exciting merchandise - cute - search - about← previousMarch 9th, 2011nextMarch 9th, 2011: If you're working on a secret project where you're going to surprise me by translating all my comics into French, feel free to make this one about dogs or something! It seems...(Linked Sunday 2011-03-13.)
continuing on with errol morris: The actual quotation is from. Captain Capitulation, eye of the storm (2011-03-10).
continuing on with errol morris: The actual quotation is from paragraph 241 of “Philosophical Investigations”: “So you are saying that human agreement decides what is true and what is false?” –– It is what human beings say that is true and false; and they agree in the language they use. That is not agreement in...(Linked Sunday 2011-03-13.)
Loose lips sink dictatorships. John, Blagnet.net (2010-12-04).
Seen on the internet, from someone who originally saw it in Barcelona, presumably inspired by Obama’s opposition to WikiLeaks:(Linked Saturday 2010-12-04.)
Please Read: A Personal Appeal From the Outlaw Josey Wales. John Gruber, Daring Fireball (2010-12-01).
I would pay to put this on Wikipedia. Update: Safari extension from Troy Gaul. ★(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
‘A Waste of Money and Time’ John Gruber, Daring Fireball (2010-11-29).
Bruce Schneier makes the case against the TSA: Exactly two things have made airplane travel safer since 9/11: reinforcing the cockpit door, and convincing passengers they need to fight back. Everything else has been a waste of money. Add screening of checked bags and airport workers and we’re done. Take...(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
Leaker Calls on Leaker to Leak the WikiLeaks Story. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2010-12-03).
With Amazon denying that pressure from Sen. Joe Lieberman was the deciding factor in its decision to expel WikiLeaks from its server, Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg has put out a call for an Amazon leaker to come forward and tell the inside story: This would be a good time...(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
C4SS Launches Wikileaks Mirror. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-12-05).
For Immediate Release 12/05/10 POC Thomas L. Knapp Media Contact: email@example.com 530-618-C4SS Technical Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ANARCHISTS LAUNCH WIKILEAKS MIRROR, ASSISTANCE PROGRAM December 5th — “Censorship has always been wrong and irresponsible,” says Brad Spangler. “Now it’s another thing: Impossible.” Spangler, director of the Center for a Stateless Society, announced on...(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
Lane’s Forgotten Writings on Race. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-11-25).
Among libertarians, Rose Wilder Lane is best known as the author of the libertarian classics The Discovery of Freedom and Give Me Liberty. Outside of the libertarian movement, she is known – if at all – as the at least partial ghostwriter of her mother Laura Ingalls Wilder’s popular Little...(Linked Friday 2010-11-26.)
Protecting Your Home From Afar With a Robot. By PETER WAYNER, NYT > Personal Tech (2010-11-10).
Wi-Fi-equipped robots can be operated remotely to protect a home. Some can even be modified to detect fire and carry an extinguisher.(Linked Sunday 2010-11-28.)
The Illegitimacy of the “Psychiatric Bible” Thomas S. Szasz M.D., The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty (2010-11-24).
“Mental health experts ask: Will anyone be normal?” So read the title of a July 27 Reuters report. The “experts” warned that the fifth version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), scheduled for publication in 2013, “could mean that soon no-one will be classed as normal....(Linked Sunday 2010-11-28.)
Get The TSA By The Balls. DarianW, DarianWorden.com (2010-11-25).
I participated in a WeWontFly pamphlet distribution event at Newark Airport last night. It was organized by NJ Libertarian Party activists. Although everything went smoothly the terminal we were at was not very busy at the time of the event. TSA is engaged in a massive propaganda campaign to discredit...(Linked Sunday 2010-11-28.)
Jay Stuart Snelson in OC at KHCTF. PermaKent, PermaKent Permaculture Ideas of J. Kent Hastings (2010-11-24).
A NEW Orange County, CA Supperclub! THE Karl Hess Community Technology Forum A PROJECT OF THE RESILIENT COMMUNITY FOUNDATION The Resilient Community Foundation (“Rescomm.org”) is pleased to present Jay Stuart Snelson at the inaugural meeting of the Karl Hess Community Technology Forum. Mr. Snelson is a California native, UCLA graduate...(Linked Monday 2010-11-29.)
Roundup on BP. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-06-08).
The next time someone tells you that the BP oil spill shows the dangers of a free market and/or the necessity of government intervention, send them to: Darian Worden here, Sheldon Richman here, Gary Chartier here, Alex Knight here, and Kevin Carson here, here, and here. Please let me know...(Linked Tuesday 2010-06-08.)
- All Your Mind Are Belong To Her. Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-02-15). In which a law professor attempts to use libel law in order to censor negative reviews of her work. You may have thought that your considered opinion of Dr. Calvo-Goller's work is your own. But you forget yourself, Sir: your opinions of her work are in fact the exclusive property of Dr. Karin Calvo-Goller, JD. (Linked Monday 2010-02-15.)
- Good Things: Ubuntu and Android. Alex Payne, al3x (2010-02-15).
Good Things: Ubuntu and Android This is the second in a series of posts about good, nice things that I’m enjoying in the world of technology. The first post in the series was about Lenovo’s ThinkPad X301 laptop, a solid alternative to the MacBook Air for those that don’t mind...(Linked Monday 2010-02-15.)
- Colin Ward, 1924–2010. Anarchoblogs in English (2010-02-16). R.I.P. Click through for a long quote from Ward's Anarchy in Action, "Anarchy and a Plausible Future." (Linked Tuesday 2010-02-16.)
- New Proudhon Anthology Forthcoming. Anarchoblogs in English (2010-02-16). Congratulations to editor Iain McKay and sometime translator Shawn Wilbur. (Linked Tuesday 2010-02-16.)
- Man sodomized with Taser will receive six-figure settlement. Photography is Not a Crime (2010-02-17). [Trigger warning.] "The settlement contained a provision that officers were making no admission to violating the plaintiff's civil rights" by deliberately sodomizing him with an electrical torture device in order to secure "cooperation." Meanwhile, the city government will send the bill for compensating the survivor to a bunch of innocent taxpayers who had absolutely nothing to do with this atrocity. (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- Texas cop arrested for “improper photography” Photography is Not a Crime (2010-02-17). Men in Uniform (Cont'd). Officer Brandon Gilroy, St. Edward's University Police. Austin, Texas. (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- Seattle artist sues man for photographing public art work. Photography is Not a Crime (2010-02-17). Intellectual Protectionism Vs. Free Speech and the Progress of the Arts and Sciences. (Or, Mr. Galambos goes to Seattle.) In which Jack Mackie, professional leech in the name of the Arts, grabs a tax-funded handout from the Seattle city government to sculpt a series of generic dance steps on public sidewalks in view of God and everybody in Seattle, and then, unsatisfied with having been paid once (by nonconsenting taxpayers, no less), goes back to government to use Intellectual Monopoly law to sue anybody who dares to distribute photographs that include a glimpse of the work that he put out for free public display. Most recently, he is attempting to sue photographer Mike Hipple for as much as $60,000. No word yet on whether he plans to start suing folks in Seattle for dancing the Foxtrot. (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- Akron cop fighting suspension ends up with triple the time. Photography is Not a Crime (2010-02-17). I agree with most of the stuff that Miller says here -- except for the claim that a 45 day vacation from his job is a "severe punishment" for a man who robbed a completely innocent woman of her property, abducted her by force and locked her in a cage for 18 hours even though she had not posed a threat to any living being or committed anything that even plausibly resembled a crime. If you or I did that, we'd be in prison for years. (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- The Blood Bank. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-02-16).
(CHT François.)(Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)