Victim-Blaming - The Gross American Pastime (part 1 of many) Marja Erwin (2011-03-25).
For our first entry, I'll take all statements of the form:"If you [act in some harmless but insufficiently subordinate manner], then don't complain when faced with the consequences [up to and including beatings, arrest, torture, and rape]."Look, do we even have to explain why kapoism and other evils are bad?...(Linked Friday 2011-03-25.)
I.W.W. presents “Finally Got the News” film screening & discussion. Guy Debord, Los Angeles Anarchist (2011-03-25).
“Finally Got the News” film screening and discussion April 9th, 2011 2:00 pm @ The Southern California Library 6120 S. Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, CA (guest speakers TBA) The Los Angeles IWW invites you to commemorate the legacy and lessons of the League of Revolutionary Black Workers. The League was...(Linked Saturday 2011-03-26.)
Resilient Japan. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2011-03-16).
An 8.9 earthquake, a 33-foot tsunami, a series of crises at their battered nuclear plants: The people of Japan have withstood the last week with admirable tenacity. There's no shortage of lessons the rest of the world can learn from what we've been seeing. Here are three of them. 1....(Linked Saturday 2011-03-26.)
Two Socialist Catechisms. Shawn P. Wilbur, Two-Gun Mutualism & the Golden Rule (2011-03-28).
I've been reading around Proudhon quite a bit lately, trying to establish contexts as a step towards further clarifying his ideas. And I have been in search of 19th century English translations of the French socialists, as a step towards establishing the contexts for people like William B. Greene and...(Linked Monday 2011-03-28.)
- L.A. Anarchist Bookfair: Actions + Conversations + Intersections 2010. Guy Debord, Los Angeles Anarchist (2010-01-16).
L.A. Anarchist Bookfair: Actions + Conversations + Intersections 2010 Sunday January 24th : : Barnsdall Art Park 4800 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027 http://www.anarchistbookfair.com/(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Invictus (Clint Eastwood, 2009) Guest Contributor, Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture (2010-01-11).
by Guest Contributor Geo, originally published at Prometheus Brown Morgan Freeman: the kind of black dude even an old white racist can’t hate. Which is why he was cast to drive Miss Daisy, free a man from prison, become president (twice), help Batman, and become the literal, physical embodiment of...(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Blame the Libertarians! Radley Balko, The Agitator (2010-01-11).
Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Peyton Thomas has emerged as Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s book-learnin’ alter-ego, working with Arpaio to criminally investigate, indict, and otherwise legally intimidate anyone who dares to question the fearless lawman (as well as, now, anyone who dares to question Thomas). Thomas has gone after members of the...(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- BOSTON COPS ABUSE THOSE TAKING PIX OF THEM. UNDERNEWS (2010-01-18). The War on Photography (Cont'd.) (Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Creatures from the Conservative Id. Pro Libertate (2010-01-18). Dick Cheney and the triumph of enthusiastic sado-statism. [Trigger warning: the second half of this story includes graphic descriptions of torture and a photograph of its aftereffects.] (Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Another Brick in the Wall. Mises Institute Daily Articles (Full-text version) (2010-01-14).
[Originally published as "Song that's driving teachers up the wall" in Libertarian Review, Vol. 9, No. 9 (September 1980), pp. 42–43.] The British Band, Pink Floyd's song, "Another Brick in the Wall" has been banned in South Africa, ignored by some radio stations in the United States, and attacked by...(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Eminent Domain Abuse: What Would Homer Simpson Do? Division of Labour (2010-01-18). Resistance to Ratner in NYC (Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- A Matter of Degree: The New York Subway. Mises Institute Daily Articles (Full-text version) (2010-01-11).
[From chapter 14 of The Rise and Fall of Society by Frank Chodorov.] The small State can do to Society everything the large State can do, but not so much of it. The tyranny and terrorism of modern communistic overlords is of a kind with the practices of ancient Sparta,...(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Warwick Township Cop Assaults, Kidnaps and Imprisons Me Over My Request for Business Card. Arm your Mind for Liberty (2010-01-18). Gansters in Blue arrest George Donnelly for speaking when not spoken to. (Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)
- Mises.org joins the fight for liberty online. David Veksler, Mises Economics Blog (2010-01-16).
You may have heard that Google's decided to stop censoring results from its Chinese search engine. After China attempted to access the email accounts of human rights activists, Google also decided to encrypt all Gmail traffic by default. The team behind Mises.org is also contributing to the effort to keep...(Linked Monday 2010-01-18.)