Montgomery, Alabama has a long history of racist police brutality. And they’re at it again. Most recently, five Montgomery police officers resigned and three have been put on suspension amidst charges of police brutality [Nando], as well as abuse of authority, mistreatment of citizens, and false reporting of incidents. One officer, Michael Clark, is being charged with criminal use of mace in the brutality against a 17 year old prisoner. As usual, seven of the eight cops were white, and all of the victims were Black.
Just about every year or couple years, there’s another big high-profile incident with the Montgomery PD, and everyone acts all shocked, like this isn’t shit that goes on every day. Should it surprise anyone that police officers end up acting like jackbooted thugs when we send them on a
For further reading:
- GT 2001-04-22: History of Race Riots, White Supremacy, and Police Brutality
- GT 2001-04-04: Kalamazoo Police Department Faces Continuing Scandals from Racist Brutality
- GT 2001-04-04: Kalamazoo City Council Pays Reparations to Victims of Racist Police Brutality
- GT 2001-03-28: DC Cops’ Dirty Laundry Revealed in E-mail Audit
- GT 2001-10-25: Cops refuse to adequately investigate rape in Austin