Anarchy is and always has been literally taco trucks on every corner.
This past weekend at FEE, me.
When Marco Gutierrez, a founder and spokesman for the little-known and sparsely populated advocacy group “Latinos for Trump” recently tried to warn America of the grave dangers of open borders and free migration with the image of “taco trucks on every corner,” most viewers, Latino and Anglo alike, seem to have experienced a vision of a possible new utopia. The tag immediately trended on Twitter, not in panic but in near-universal celebration of the possibility.
What people do not know is how hard government has worked for years to prevent this from happening. The War on Street Food been going on for more than 100 years….
- GT 2014-04-16: Devour Borders: Mexican Food as Revolutionary Praxis
- GT 2013-07-20: Authentic Mexican Food
- GT 2011-05-09: Hipster Food Trucks
- Scratching By: How Government Creates Poverty As We Know It
- Thanks to Jeffrey Tucker for prodding me to write this up, based on stitching together a news hook with bit of my previous writing on immigration, racial panics, and Anglo government’s perennial, ludicrous war on Mexican-American street food vendors.↩