Sacramento (A)-Cafe // networking, speakers and workshops on Mutual Aid // Saturday, 24 January 2009
If you’re in the northern California area, and interested in meeting local anarchists or talking about community-based mutual aid, you may be interested to know that Sacramento Anarchists are organizing an (A)-Cafe this Saturday, running from noon to 10:0pm, with free entry, some interesting workshops, speakers on the theme of mutual aid, and a complimentary dinner.
- 12:00-1:00: Mingling
- 1:00-1:30: Davida Douglas from the Alchemist Urban Farm Stand
- 1:45-2:15: Michael Thurman from Courage to Resist
- 2:30-3:00: Geraldine Baskerville from the Loaves and Fishes Jail Visitation Project
- 3:15-4:45: Richard Brown from the SF8
- 5:00-6:00: Dinner
- 6:00-7:00: Tracey Breiger doing a workshop on Herbalism for Women
- 7:00-7:45: Rachel Anderson from Safer Alternatives thru Networking and Education and Peter Simpson from Harm Reduction Services
- 8:00-8:45: Steve Jerome-Wyatt talking about the Land and Leadership Controversy at D-Q University.
- 9:00-10:00: Copwatch Los Angeles
Sat. Jan. 24. 12–10pm
@ The Brickhouse, 2837 36th St
The Bicycle Kitchen will be open for education and repair!
If you need childcare or would like to volunteer, email us in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FREE ENTRY! (Donations Welcome)
I fear I won’t see any of you there, because I can’t really make the eight-hour drive both ways. But if any of y’all do make it out there, reportbacks are welcome in the comments section.