Rational Review News Digest
- one correlate of the idea that time is progressive and that we. Captain Capitulation, eye of the storm (2009-10-04).
one correlate of the idea that time is progressive and that we are it which should give progressives pause is the way the idea has articulated cultures. so, for example, hegel held that africa had no history, was outside of history. in anthropology into the midlate twentieth century, you got... (Linked Saturday 2009-10-17.)
- it's amazing that when people discuss genocide, as in daniel. Captain Capitulation, eye of the storm (2009-10-17).
it's amazing that when people discuss genocide, as in daniel goldhagen's new book (at least as it's represented in the review; i intend to read it), or in the alternative views mentioned in the review ('“Mobilizing the Will to Intervene,” a study by leading Canadian and American figures, identifies “poverty... (Linked Saturday 2009-10-17.)
- Economies of Scale in Compliance, by David Henderson. EconLog (2009-10-11).
This morning, after a highly-productive Liberty Fund seminar in Santa Fe, I went over to Pasquale's for breakfast. I sat with a woman who runs a Mexican restaurant in a small town in Colorado. We talked about various things, including her criticism of "factory farms" that, in her view and... (Linked Saturday 2009-10-17.)
- The Pill makes you attracted to pansies. Jill, Feministe (2009-10-13).
Or so says perpetually off-kilter Jill Stanek — except she uses the term “quiche-eaters.” Basically, a study says that women who use birth control tend to be attracted to men with more boyish features with caring personalities, versus “rugged” men with controlling personalities. The study itself is questionable, and the... (Linked Saturday 2009-10-17.)
- RRND/FND Bleg. Kn@ppster, KN@PPSTER (2009-09-16).
I don't usually talk much about my day job here at KN@PPSTER, and when we run a fundraiser over there I usually give it at most a mention here. This one's a bit different and I figure it's a "hit hard, everywhere" situation. So:Dear readers,Over the years, we've tried various... (Linked Saturday 2009-10-17.)
- Berlusconi Hides Nipple of Truth. Kerry Howley, Kerry Howley: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2008-08-06).
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi likes the painting to the right, a Giambattista Tiepolo work called "La Verità Svelata dal Tempo." (The Truth Unveiled by Time.) He likes it so much that he gives news conferences with a reproduction of the painting as backdrop. Truth, the young woman, is front... (Linked Monday 2009-10-19.)
- A bad attitude -- the new felony. firstname.lastname@example.org (Wendy McElroy), WendyMcElroy.com : News (2009-10-16).
A bad attitude -- the new felony (Linked Monday 2009-10-19.)
- the best version of this story i read ended with the moral "some infinities are bigger than others". HOW TRUE. Dinosaur Comics (2009-10-19).
archive - contact - sexy exciting merchandise - search - about– ← previousOctober 19th, 2009nextOctober 19th, 2009: The talk went well! Or at least, I hope it did. A CONFESSION: I queued up all these comics and posts way back when it was last Wednesday, because I was worried I'd... (Linked Monday 2009-10-19.)