- Sucky proposed NJ adoption law. drunkenatheist, Drunkenatheist (2009-11-26).
I bet that Matthew Roberts, birthson of Charles Manson, is so thrilled that he looked into his family tree! So, apparently the State of NJ is looking to open up sealed adoption records. I love shit like this. You entered a contract that stipulates you will have no contact with…(Linked Friday 2009-11-27.)
- The Bullets of Egypt, Maine. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-11-25).
Amidst all the hype about the return of the militias, Christopher Ketcham reports in Time that one of the most interesting offshoots of the '90s militia scene, the 2nd Maine Militia, is still going strong. Founded by the novelist Carolyn Chute and her husband Michael, the Maine group mixes anti-corporate…(Linked Friday 2009-11-27.)
- Franklin & Franklin's Thanksgiving Special. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-11-25).
In honor of tomorrow's holiday, here is Benjamin Franklin's famous argument that the turkey should be our national bird: For my own part I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character; he does not get his…(Linked Friday 2009-11-27.)
- (title unknown) eye of the storm (2009-11-27). Sartwell is wrong to claim that Analytic “sense data” theories are wrong because based in “our own mental images.” (They are of course wrong, but for other reasons. Russell for one argues explicitly that sense-data are not mental entities of any kind.) But, otherwise, lovely. (Linked Friday 2009-11-27.)
- Dept. of Animated Economics. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-11-29).
An interesting animated infographic: "The Geography of a Recession." (Hat tip: Shawn Wilbur.)(Linked Sunday 2009-11-29.)