- C4SS Welcomes Darian Worden, Promotes Tom Knapp. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-01-01).
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE C4SS announces additional staff member and a promotion. Darian Worden and Tom Knapp AUBURN, ALABAMA – January 1, 2010 – Center for a Stateless Society – The Center for a Stateless Society announced personnel changes today, with the addition of Darian Worden as the third C4SS News…(Linked Friday 2010-01-01.)
- Market Reform as a Spontaneous Order. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-12-31).
Paul Gregory and Kate Zhou have written an interesting revisionist account of market reforms in China and Russia. Pushing against the idea that "China succeeded because a wise party leadership deliberately chose gradualism, retained the monopoly of the Communist Party after rebuffing democracy at Tiananmen Square, and carefully guided the…(Linked Friday 2010-01-01.)
- Getting Lost Outside America. ongoing (2010-01-03). If you’re outside the US, piracy is often the only way to route around the damage copyright does to international culture. (Linked Sunday 2010-01-03.)
- from the la weekly (thanks, adam!) as i've said many times, Captain Capitulation, eye of the storm (2009-12-17).
from the la weekly (thanks, adam!) as i've said many times, barack obama is martin luther king…with a world-annihilating nuclear arsenal, predator drones, the greatest miltary the world has ever known, a sprawling prison system, etc.(Linked Sunday 2010-01-03.)
- It Takes a Village Atheist. Kerry Howley, Kerry Howley: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-12-28).
Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America, by Barbara Ehrenreich, New York: Metropolitan Books, 256 pages, $23 One of my earliest memories is no more than a command: "Smile." The directive was delivered by my father, standing over me in a church pew, definitely not smiling….(Linked Sunday 2010-01-03.)
- Bummer. Anarchoblogs in English (2010-01-03). “It is fashionable to get worked up about the shackling of pregnant mothers giving birth in prison, or to advocate reform of "the system" ad nauseum. These are topics to get worked up about, but the proposed solutions are usually little better than bandaids. If people focused on ending the prosecution of victimless crimes–prostitution, drug use–a lot of nonviolent women (and men) would be free to deal only with our screwed-up society, not our screwed-up society plus the horrors of prison.” (Linked Sunday 2010-01-03.)