- Disney's Takedown Of Roger Ebert's Tribute To Gene Siskel. Techdirt (2010-02-17). Intellectual Monopoly Vs. Grieving Friends and Human Decency (cont’d) (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- We Won't Raid Medical Marijuana Producers . . . so Long as They Aren't Successful at It. And Don't Talk About It. The Agitator (2010-02-17). In which President Barack Obama’s DEA continues to launch assaults on medical marijuana producers. I’m sure he’ll get around to stopping that real soon now, perhaps shortly after he’s done withdrawing American troops from Iraq and closing Guantanamo. (Linked Wednesday 2010-02-17.)
- Hier Ist Kein Warum. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-02-17).
When Primo Levi, as a newly arrived prisoner at a Nazi concentration camp, reached for an icicle to quench his desperate thirst, a guard knocked the icicle out of his hand. To Levi's question "Warum?" ("Why?"), the guard replied with what was destined to become a famous quote: "Hier ist…(Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- COLIN WARD, RIP: My favorite left-anarchist writer, Colin Ward, Jesse, The Perpetual Three-Dot Column (2010-02-17).
COLIN WARD, RIP: My favorite left-anarchist writer, Colin Ward, has passed away at age 85. Ward was the most practical radical I've ever read: Rather than sketching out utopian blueprints of a society without a state, he searched for empirical examples of everyday people organizing to solve their own problems….(Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- American Psychiatric Association Pulls an #Obama on #Transgender People. Anarchoblogs in English (2010-02-18). The Genital Correctness Busybody Blowhard Bully Brigade (cont’d): Meet the new diagnosis, same as the old diagnosis (Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- SixthSense. ignorethecode.net (2010-02-18). Technological civilization is awesome. (Cont’d.) (Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- Anarchists For Total Government. Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-02-18). Anarcho-liberal-socialistic-fascialidocious! (Cont’d.) This time, from Glenn Beck. (Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- Shakesville: "Where are 1% of American adults?" shakespearessister.blogspot.com (2010-02-18). From Shakespeare’s Sister. Via David Gross at The Picket Line. “Five percent of the world’s population is American; twenty-five percent of the world’s prisoners are American. The United States incarcerates more of its citizens than any country in the history of the world.
The rate is three times that of Iran, six times that of China. More than one in a hundred adults in the United States is in prison. One in nine black men ages 20 to 34 is in prison.” Meanwhile, under threat of solitary confinement, the United States government’s military conscripts its millions of prison workers as a source of slave labor for the military supply chain: “It is illegal to bring into the United States any goods produced by forced labor or by prisoners, yet American prisoners make 100% of the military helmets, ammunition belts, bulletproof vests, ID tags as well some other items used by the US military.” (Linked Thursday 2010-02-18.)
- diveintomark: @KuraFire Serving the masses is great. But serving the masses does not, a priori, require prohibiting unintended uses. Apple *chooses* to. Twitter / diveintomark (2010-02-03).
diveintomark: @KuraFire Serving the masses is great. But serving the masses does not, a priori, require prohibiting unintended uses. Apple *chooses* to.(Linked Friday 2010-02-19.)