- Welcome to Statelessness. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-03-01).
Gary Chartier is offering an introductory online course on anarchism under the auspices of the Molinari Institute's Center for a Stateless Society. Check it out.(Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- SWAT Team Endangers Child, Parents Charged With Child Endangerment. The Agitator (2010-03-02). Police are here to keep kids safe: “So smoking pot = ‘child endangerment.’ Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's safety. Just so we’re clear.” (Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- "Looters" and Food in an Emergency. Matthew Yglesias (2010-03-02). Disaster Statism Vs. Human Survival and Reclamation of Lost and Abandoned Property (Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- NONVIOLENCE. A REVIEW OF MARK KURLANSKY'S 2006 BOOK. www.wendymcelroy.com (2010-03-02).
NONVIOLENCE: A REVIEW OF MARK KURLANSKY'S 2006 BOOK BY THAT NAME By Jim Russell(Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- HOUSE DEMOCRATS SUPPORT TORTURE. UNDERNEWS (2010-03-02). Keep on Hoping, y’all. (Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- t r u t h o u t | Alexander Cockburn | The Bogus Crime Wave. www.truthout.org (2010-03-02). Siege Mentality vs. Empirical Reality (Sin Fronteras Edition): In spite of the constant shrill efforts by Anglo nationalists to cultivate a siege mentality, there actually is no empirical evidence of an immigrant crime wave. When you control for age and state of residence, and when you don’t count bogus victimless “offenses” which are directly related to immigration status, young Latin@ men are no more likely to commit violent crimes than young white men. If the undocumented population is significantly undercounted by the census (as many, including the nativist fear-mongers, would generally believe it to be), then the Latin@ crime rate is actually significantly lower than the white crime rate. The American Conservative, of all places (!), has the story. (Via the November Coalition.) (Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- School district admits installing covert webcam activation software on student laptops, denies wrongdoing. Boing Boing (2010-03-02). In which Perpetual State of Supervision meets Stasi-statism: “The Superintendant of the Lower Merion School District — where parents have initiated a class action suit over the covert use of students’ laptops to surveil them in school and at home — has sent a letter to parents with more information about the spying. The school admits that there was spyware installed on students laptops that allowed for remote, covert activation of their webcams, … They have disabled the system for now and deny that it was misused.” Dude, seriously? Of course they were “misused.” The thing itself IS the misuse. (Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)
- Nolan Klein: an innocent man who died of an untreated medical condition inside Nevada´s prison system. NPW, Nevada Prison Watch (2010-03-02).
From the January 12 2010 Meeting of the Board of Prison Commissioners:Tonya Brown stated she had a private autopsy performed on Mr. Klein and passed out the updated death certificate to the Board. She stated had he been properly treated, he would still be alive today and the State of…(Linked Tuesday 2010-03-02.)