There are more than 100 SWAT team raids every day in this country.
For the most part they go after nonviolent offenders like drug dealers and even small time gamblers.
–Alex Halperin, interviewing Radley Balko.
Once a town gets a SWAT team you want to use it, Salon (July 13, 2013)
- GT 2013-04-03: Yes, please.
- GT 2013-03-26: Occupied Territory
- GT 2013-02-10: Public Safety (Cont’d)
- GT 2012-08-28: Show me what a police state looks like (2012 edition)
- GT 2011-02-01: Siege Mentality (Cont’d)
- GT 2010-01-23: Siege Mentality
- GT 2009-05-07: Occupying Forces
- GT 2009-03-28: It doesn’t take much imagination
- GT 2008-09-25: How cops see themselves
- GT 2008-05-06: No, seriously, I could swear the water in this pot is getting a little hotter