Loose lips sink dictatorships. John, Blagnet.net (2010-12-04).
Seen on the internet, from someone who originally saw it in Barcelona, presumably inspired by Obama's opposition to WikiLeaks:(Linked Saturday 2010-12-04.)
Please Read: A Personal Appeal From the Outlaw Josey Wales. John Gruber, Daring Fireball (2010-12-01).
I would pay to put this on Wikipedia. Update: Safari extension from Troy Gaul. â˜…(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
@@e2;20ac;2dc;A Waste of Money and Time' John Gruber, Daring Fireball (2010-11-29).
Bruce Schneier makes the case against the TSA: Exactly two things have made airplane travel safer since 9/11: reinforcing the cockpit door, and convincing passengers they need to fight back. Everything else has been a waste of money. Add screening of checked bags and airport workers and we're done. Take…(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
Leaker Calls on Leaker to Leak the WikiLeaks Story. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2010-12-03).
With Amazon denying that pressure from Sen. Joe Lieberman was the deciding factor in its decision to expel WikiLeaks from its server, Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg has put out a call for an Amazon leaker to come forward and tell the inside story: This would be a good time…(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
C4SS Launches Wikileaks Mirror. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2010-12-05).
For Immediate Release 12/05/10 POC Thomas L. Knapp Media Contact: email@example.com 530-618-C4SS Technical Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ANARCHISTS LAUNCH WIKILEAKS MIRROR, ASSISTANCE PROGRAM December 5th — "Censorship has always been wrong and irresponsible," says Brad Spangler. "Now it's another thing: Impossible." Spangler, director of the Center for a Stateless Society, announced on…(Linked Sunday 2010-12-05.)
- Hugo Mexicano. Austro-Athenian Empire (2009-10-11). in which Roderick reviews Juarez — one of my stronger memories from high-school Spanish. (Linked Sunday 2009-10-11.)
- Dyer Lum on Mutualism, and a note on Proudhon. Shawn P. Wilbur, In the Libertarian Labyrinth (2009-10-02).
I’m working on gathering the pieces for a series of pamphlets documenting the mutualist tradition, and ran across this rather strange, but very interesting piece, but the frequently strange, but always interesting Dyer D. Lum. Tucker’s translation of the first volume of The System of Economical Contradictions was published in…(Linked Sunday 2009-10-11.)
- diveintomark: "Dive Into Python" has now earned me over $10,000 in royalties, despite being Free and online for 8 years. Twitter / diveintomark (2009-10-11). But without Intellectual Protectionism laws, how would anyone ever make a living writing books? (Linked Sunday 2009-10-11.)
- Keene, the Peaceful Civil-Disobedience Apex. James B Schlessinger Jr, Fr33 Agents (2009-10-08).
Activists light up a marijuana cigarette in the Keene Police Station James B Schlessinger Jr. October 5th, 2009 Words on paper are not stopping activists and locals from living like free people in Keene, New Hampshire. Whether it is marijuana consumption on the Commons or a young woman going topless…(Linked Sunday 2009-10-11.)
- The Good Old Days. Jill, Feministe (2009-10-11).
This article will make you lose your lunch. The idea is that sex with children is more taboo today than it was in Roman Polanski's era — thanks to victims' rights groups and a family values revival. The evidence? Well, Polanski himself, and this one Woody Allen movie. The article…(Linked Sunday 2009-10-11.)
- Anarchist Elliot Madison wrongfully arrested, robbed. John, Blagnet.net (2009-10-06).
In a continuation of law-enforcement agencies' general disdain for and dismissal of our civil liberties, Elliot Madison, a self-described anarchist, was arrested for using Twitter and a police scanner to help G20 protesters coordinate their efforts and avoid police officers. The charges on which he was held don't indicate any…(Linked Monday 2009-10-12.)
- A Shocking Development. Daily Brickbats (2009-09-14).
Two Gwinnett County police sergeants have resigned and Cpl. Gary Miles has been arrested after Miles allegedly used a Taser on a Waffle House waiter as a joke. The sergeants reportedly saw the incident and did not report it. The department is investigating claims a fourth officer pointed a Taser…(Linked Monday 2009-10-12.)
- Ending the Cycle. Daily Brickbats (2009-10-12). Green Government in a nutshell. (Linked Monday 2009-10-12.)