- Prisoner assaulted by staff in Ely State Prison. NPW, Nevada Prison Watch (2009-12-30).
1st of December 2009I would like to open this letter with my utmost respects. I was told to write you & tell you about my story in hopes of a little help! Here´s the truthful story about an assault that two C.O.´s put on me.My name is Jeremiah Van Clinton….(Linked Wednesday 2010-01-06.)
- Nevada pot activists aim high again. chall, MPP Nevada (2009-12-17).
Jason Whited Las Vegas City Life December 17, 2009(Linked Wednesday 2010-01-06.)
- Investigation ordered into inmate death. Nevada Prison Watch (2010-01-06). In which a “patient” is killed by prison “medical care.” Of course, the “care” was psychiatric, and hence was forced on the prisoner against his will. “We had an individual who we have repeatedly had to give forced meds …. Apparently the last time we forced his meds, he died.” (Linked Wednesday 2010-01-06.)
- From Arizona Prison Watch: Protest on 12-18 at AZ DOC. NPW, Nevada Prison Watch (2009-12-15).
This comes from our Allies at Arizona Prison Watch, who do a good job in creating consciousness in the Prison Industrial Complex. They also supply a creative and clear voice to protest the killing of AZ inmate Marcia Powell in an outdoor cage, on May 20th, 2009.Protest on 12-18 at…(Linked Wednesday 2010-01-06.)
- Teaching is not a crime. Democracy Sucks (2010-01-06). The War on the Informal Sector (Cont’d.): state of Virginia vs. independent Yoga instructors / (P.S.: Institute for Justice wants you to know that this ridiculous screwjob of a law is against the Constitution. But who cares? If the Constitution allowed for it, that wouldn’t make it any more just, or any less of a ridiculous screwjob.) (Linked Wednesday 2010-01-06.)
- Post-Literate. Dorothy, Cat and Girl (2010-01-06). (Linked Thursday 2010-01-07.)