There are more than 100 SWAT team raids every day in this country.
For the most part they go after nonviolent offenders like drug dealers and even small time gamblers.
— Alex Halperin, interviewing Radley Balko.
Once a town gets a SWAT team you want to use it, Salon (July 13, 2013)
- GT 2013-04-03: Yes, please.
- GT 2013-03-26: Occupied Territory
- GT 2013-02-10: Public Safety (Cont’d)
- GT 2012-08-28: Show me what a police state looks like (2012 edition)
- GT 2011-02-01: Siege Mentality (Cont’d)
- GT 2010-01-23: Siege Mentality
- GT 2009-05-07: Occupying Forces
- GT 2009-03-28: It doesn’t take much imagination
- GT 2008-09-25: How cops see themselves
- GT 2008-05-06: No, seriously, I could swear the water in this pot is getting a little hotter