- Headline of the Decade. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-10-11).
Via Probably Bad News:(Linked Tuesday 2009-10-13.)
- typepad seems funky this morning, so i can’t link tom. Captain Capitulation, eye of the storm (2009-10-11).
typepad seems funky this morning, so i can’t link tom friedman’s column. but i think he’s showing his stripes, his…ass. he actually suggests that the nobel peace prize should go to the american military. now i will admit that the relation between peace and military power is complex, and that…(Linked Tuesday 2009-10-13.)
- You've got half your anarchy tied behind your back: Hey, libertarians! Politics makes you stupid. Brad Spangler, BradSpangler.com (2009-10-11).
One of the problems with anarchist activism in electoral politics is that it deforms the perspective, attitudes and rhetoric of members of the movement generally — decreasing the effectiveness of their advocacy. Sometimes that's the case with particular people even if they themselves aren't active in electoral politics. The stupidity…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-14.)
- The soft bigotry of low expectations. John Markley, The Superfluous Man (2009-09-25).
Perusing Hit and Run, I encountered this post about some police caught on video who, having stormed a house during a drug raid, decided to settle in and spent several hours playing a bowling game on the resident’s Nintendo Wii.My instinctive reaction to reading this news is an illustration of…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-14.)
- Reality outstupids parody once again. John Markley, The Superfluous Man (2009-10-09).
I was up very late last night, as is my habit (one of the nice things about a job done mostly from home is that if I want to sit at my computer playing Victoria: Revolutions at 3:30 AM, that’s my prerogative), and I saw the news that Barack Obama…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-14.)