- A Choice of Scrooges. Roderick, Austro-Athenian Empire (2009-12-24).
Two rather different libertarian takes on Scrooge: Butler Shaffer's and mine. (Mine's from 1993, so it's not quite as I would word it today, but 'twill serve.)(Linked Thursday 2009-12-24.)
- Libertarian PR Fail #...But Who's Counting? cherylcline, der Blaustrumpf (2009-12-22).
For some reason this has really been a banner week for me in encountering casual anti-Asian racism. I was very distressed to find this on Strike the Root, a website I contribute to. This is Bob Wallace in "How to Win in Iraq and Afghanistan in One Easy Step": I'll…(Linked Thursday 2009-12-24.)
- ALLiance #4. Chris Lempa, ALLiance Journal (2009-12-11).
ALLiance 4 HTML coming soon. Download and read. print. fold. distribute. Like this? Share it… right now!(Linked Friday 2009-12-25.)
- Is Thomas Friedman "the stupidest man alive" ? email@example.com (Angus), Kids Prefer Cheese (2009-09-30).
Well he certainly has stiff competition (most notably Donald Luskin (see here and here), but this NY Times column puts Sir Thomas directly in the running.His argument is that "Red China has decided to become Green China" and since (according to him) going green is a zero sum game, they…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-07.)
- Weed Culture Is Boob Culture. Amanda Hess, The Sexist (2009-09-23).
Why aren't there more female marijuana activists, Marijuana Policy Project employee Laura Greenback asks in High Times. Ooh! Pick me! I know the answer! It's not that women don't like smoking weed. We do. And it's not that we don't care about the ass-backwards war on drugs—despite Greenback's fears, half…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-07.)
- On Becoming Ungovernable. Brad Spangler, BradSpangler.com (2009-09-30).
"This movement should create a situation in which authorities will control empty stores, but not the market; the employment of workers, but not their livelihood; the official media, but not the circulation of information; printing plants, but not the publishing movement; the mail and telephones, but not communications; and the…(Linked Wednesday 2009-10-07.)
- Closed Border, Closed Economy, Closing Opportunities. John Gruber, Daring Fireball (2009-10-05).
David Eaves on the "harrowing experience" of entering the United States as a tourist or visitor. â˜…(Linked Friday 2009-10-09.)
- All the President’s Demons. firstname.lastname@example.org (Jesse Walker), Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-09-09).
The president has attacked the enemies of ObamaCare as "well-financed forces" and "those who are profiting from the status quo." So Tim Carney of The Washington Examiner put in calls to the White House and to Obama’s group Organizing for America to ask who, specifically, these vaguely defined enemies are….(Linked Friday 2009-10-09.)
- Obama Is No Radical. email@example.com (Jesse Walker), Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2009-09-30).
The conservative firebrand David Horowitz has declared the Obama White House a "radical regime." For the Republican radio host Sean Hannity, the ousted ex-communist "green jobs" czar Van Jones "signifies the radicalism of this administration." Even Andy Williams, the Branson crooner who sang "Moon River" and "Days of Wine and…(Linked Friday 2009-10-09.)
- New Oklahoma Law Will Put Details Of All Abortions Online – Oklahoma abortion website – Jezebel. jezebel.com (2009-10-09).
A new Oklahoma law will require the details of every abortion to be posted on a public website. Proponents say this will prevent abortion — apparently by shaming and burdening women and doctors.(Linked Friday 2009-10-09.)
- Free Talk Live, 10/07/09. Technorati Search for: radgeek.com (2009-10-07).
Wage Hurts People / City Police Chiefs Advocate Snitch Program / The Vaccine Controversy Continues / Rascism / Michael Moore and John Stossell / Rosa Parks and Civil Disobedience / Violence vs Peace / Podcast-only Interview with Charles Johnson from RadGeek.com." [MP3] (10/07/09)(Linked Friday 2009-10-09.)