- Operation Revelation. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2010-03-05).
Here's the intro to a press release from the sheriff of Bossier Parish, Louisiana: Bossier Sheriff Larry Deen has unveiled a new emergency operations plan that will be a continuation of public safety in Bossier Parish should disaster ever strike here at home. The plan, known as Operation Exodus, will…(Linked Friday 2010-03-05.)
- apophenia » Blog Archive » ChatRoulette, from my perspective. www.zephoria.org (2010-03-06). “ I love the way that it mixes things up. For most users of all ages – but especially teens – the Internet today is about socializing with people you already know. But I used to love the randomness of the Internet. I can't tell you how formative it was for me to grow up talking to all sorts of random people online. So I feel pretty depressed every time I watch people flip out about the dangers of talking to strangers. Strangers helped me become who I was. Strangers taught me about a different world than what I knew in my small town. Strangers allowed me to see from a different perspective. Strangers introduced me to academia, gender theory, Ivy League colleges, the politics of war, etc. So I hate how we vilify all strangers as inherently bad. Did I meet some sketchballs on the Internet when I was a teen? DEFINITELY. They were weird; I moved on. And it used to be a lot harder to move on when everything was attached to an email that was paid for. So I actually think that the ChatRoulette version allows you to move on with greater ease, less guilt, and far more comfortably.” (Linked Saturday 2010-03-06.)
- Two-Gun Mutualism and the Golden Rule – Part 3. Shawn P. Wilbur, Out of the Libertarian Labyrinth (2010-03-03).
"TWO-GUN" MUTUALISMand theGOLDEN RULE[continued] ARMED AND DANGEROUS Perhaps this has all taken a strangely martial turn, given mutualism's generally peaceful reputation. Isn't the core of mutualism the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you?" Yes, indeed. But there's nothing simple about fulfilling the Golden Rule. The…(Linked Saturday 2010-03-06.)
- Raspberry Cliché Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2010-03-07).
Last night Hollywood held its most rigidly predictable exercise in conventional wisdom: the Golden Raspberry Awards, a.k.a. the Razzies, established to honor the worst films of the year. Sandra Bullock showed up to collect her Worst Actress and Worst Screen Couple prizes for All About Steve, then razzed the crowd…(Linked Sunday 2010-03-07.)
William B. Greene
- Ex-New Orleans Cop Pleads Guilty To Massive Cover Up In Post-Katrina Shootings | TPMMuckraker. tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com (2010-02-26). “A veteran New Orleans police officer pleaded guilty yesterday to orchestrating an elaborate cover-up of a shooting in the days after Katrina in which police gunned down six unarmed city residents, killing two and seriously wounding four. …” (Linked Friday 2010-02-26.)
- Cutting Up Your Credit Cards. Jesse Walker, Jesse Walker: Reason Magazine articles and blog posts. (2010-02-25).
"The banks and credit card companies have spent 50 years building a proprietary, locked-down system that handles roughly $2 trillion in credit card transactions and another $1.3 trillion in debit card transactions every year," Daniel Roth writes in Wired. But now "an army of engineers and entrepreneurs is rushing in,…(Linked Friday 2010-02-26.)
- Health Care and Radical Monopoly | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty. Google Alerts – http://www.thefreemanonline.org/featured/scratching-by-how-government-creates-poverty-as-we-know-it/ (2010-02-24).
The Freeman Online. Published by the Foundation for Economic Education …. in " Scratching By: How the Government Creates Poverty as We Know It" (The …(Linked Saturday 2010-02-27.)
- "Two-Gun" Mutualism? – Part 1. Shawn P. Wilbur, Out of the Libertarian Labyrinth (2010-02-27).
"TWO-GUN" MUTUALISMand theGOLDEN RULEThus one remains in perplexity and uncertainty, equally attracted and repulsed by two opposite attractors. Yes, the sympathies of our era are equally lively, equally energetic, whether it is a question of liberty or equality, of individuality or association. The faith in society is complete, but the…(Linked Saturday 2010-02-27.)
- Two-Gun Mutualism? – Part 2. Shawn P. Wilbur, Out of the Libertarian Labyrinth (2010-02-27).
"TWO-GUN" MUTUALISMand theGOLDEN RULE[continued]INDIVIDUALISM vs SOCIALISMIt is clear that, in all of this writing, it is necessary to understand by socialism, socialism as we define it in this work itself, which is as the exaggeration of the idea of association, or of society. For a number of years, we have…(Linked Saturday 2010-02-27.)