Friday Lazy Linking
- The Hand-Me-Down Style in American Punditry. Jesse Walker, Hit & Run (2009-10-22).
Tom Frank has devoted his latest Wall Street Journal column to Richard Hofstadter’s “The Paranoid Style in American Politics,” which he rereads in an effort to illuminate the Birthers, Glenn Beck, and the other usual suspects. Not content to recycle an article already written by seemingly every other pundit in…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Sara Kruzan: Life Without Parole for Killing her Pimp. Feministing (2009-10-23).
*Content is triggering* This story speaks for itself. From the free Sara Kruzan action page at change.org: “Life without parole means absolutely no opportunity for release,” said Senator Yee. (of California) “It also means minors are often left without access to programs and rehabilitative services while in prison. This sentence…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Dragnet against Domestic Terror Targets "Food Not Bombs" Group. Phil Leggiere, Don't Tase Me, Bro! (2009-10-21).
From Law and Disorder Radio: The government has stepped up its surveillance of a range of individuals and organizations, including volunteer-based groups. After providing free vegetarian food in hundreds of communities worldwide, Food Not Bombs has found itself a part of the domestic terrorism dragnet. Co-founded by Keith McHenry and…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Report on Slovak State Police attacks against Mike Gogulski, 5 September 2009. Mike Gogulski – nostate.com, Anarchoblogs in English (2009-10-21).
To all who pledged to support me in this matter, I would ask that you republish the below information as broadly as possible, and without delay. Also available in MS Word 2003, PDF, and MS-Word exported filtered HTML formats. REVISION HISTORY v1.0 – 20090906 Original version, real names, episodes 1-9,…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Live Free or Go To Jail: Irony, Logic and the Government. Kelly W. Patterson, Anarchoblogs in English (2009-10-15).
I’ve been working to put together another blog that will be based on ideas to eliminate many personal expenses and make money in non-tradition ways in order to lower your tax burden without starving or going to prison. Having settled on some variation of “Live Free or Die” as a…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Crisis And Opportunity. DarianW, Anarchoblogs in English (2009-10-16).
We might be living in a very different world five years from now. If we want this to be a better world, we have to put our hands into history. Notions of stability, freedom, and personal identity are tied up with authoritarian ideas. This must be broken. A weakened political…(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- Pro-Choice on Everything. Kerry Howley, Kerry Howley (2009-10-20).
I think choice-loving libertarians have an obligation to foster a more liberal and feminist culture. Todd Seavey and Daniel McCarthy strenuously disagree. Our combative exchange in the November issue of Reason is now online.(Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)
- [TX] Officer Welty sex assault of a family member. Behind The Blue Wall (2009-10-23). Rapists in uniform. (Cont’d.) (Linked Friday 2009-10-23.)